December 9-15 is Computer Science Education Week so this week's Five Tech Things on a Friday is all about celebrating Computer Science Education!
- First, check out this video on the superpower that 90% of our schools don't teach: code.
- Next, take a look at these statistics about computer science in Illinois, then learn what you can do to support and improve K-12 computer science in Illinois
- Now, challenge yourself to learn an hour of code. It's easier than you think!
- Now that you've gotten an hour of code under your belt, why not get your students to do the same! Start with one hour and then move beyond!
- Oh, you don't have computers? The internet is down? You can still help your students learn about code! Check out these great "unplugged" coding lessons here and here.