Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

Welcome!

October is Connected Educator's Month, so what better time to start my new blogging journey?  Yet, I've been stuck here with one sentence for weeks!  The first blog post is always the hardest, right?  Well, here we are, so let's just jump on in!

I have been passionate about technology in the classroom since early in my teaching career.  I started a classroom blog in 2007 as a way to connect with parents and allow families a glimpse into our classroom.  A few years later, I began working with one of my colleagues to create videos of our favorite classroom stories and songs.  A couple of years ago, I was lucky enough to get a smartboard in my classroom, and last year I wrote a DonorsChoose proposal and received an iPad for our class.  In the past few years, my love for technology integration has really taken off, and I am always excited to try out new tools in the classroom.

After 8 years as an early childhood special education teacher, I decided to take on a new challenge.  This year, I am working as a district-level coach for instructional technology integration.  I am so excited about this new adventure.  I truly believe that technology can transform the way that we teach and learn, and I'm eager for all of our students to have access to these amazing tools.

I'll wrap up this introductory post with some words of wisdom from Sir Ken Robinson:


No comments:

Post a Comment